Visit The Happiness Guy.com

Sunday, September 24, 2006

When Life Just Sucks!


Awhile ago I was thinking about how hard it can be to remember happiness strategies when I'm in the best of spirits, let alone when life turns hard. I stumbled on an article that talks about coping with hard times and taking some steps to move forward.

I used to believe that life is just hard sometimes and there's nothing much to do about it except to hunker down and wait for the storm to end. I still believe the first part- life truly is hard at times, but I realize now that even in the hardest times I can be gaining.

I try constantly to ask the question of myself what's the learning here for me. Although it's more difficult to remember the question when life is sucking, I sometimes remember to ask and it's changed many an experience for me. I've been able to move (at least a little bit) away from feeling the powerless victim, and towards a feeling of having some control, and even power. It has become so evident to me that there is value in every one of my experiences. I'd even venture to say that there is often more value in the "negative" times when my defenses are down and the hard stuff is more accessible for consideration (and, yes, feeling).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home